Days Like These...I Love

So the past few days, I have done nothing but hang out with my best friend and do some simple errands with my mom. I was able to spend two nights at my friends house which was the best. We watched movies (Thirteen Ghosts,The Matrix, Moulin Rouge!, Pinocchio, Zoolander, and Pirates of the Caribbean). Definitely an interesting mix, don't you think? There is one more week of freedom before Senior Year starts so we decided to relax and enjoy ourselves. We also attempted to paint our nails. See, I saw all these cool ideas and tricks to do to your nails, and only two out of the hundreds (Okay...you caught me...maybe not hundreds...but a substantial amount) of ideas worked. The first one was painting your design on a plastic bag and peeling it after it has completely dried and placing it on your finger. Now my friend was able to pull this off, me, not so much. The second neat idea we tried that worked was using tape to make different geometrical designs. I was able to do this one. (Yay!) Anyways, we tried putting newspaper and maps on our nails (Use rubbing alcohol and voila! Supposedly...) and marbling our nails with plastic bags. Overall, it was fun and relaxing (sort of...I became frustrated with nothing working). This is my end result. (: 



Later, after two wonderful relaxing days, my mother and I went to run errands. The usual Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, and Target shopping plus some. We ended up going to the mall for a little bit (I was able to buy flowers for my hair...I know...they sound lame but I have no clue how to describe them, and a bracelet with a bow on it..(; )  Wal-Mart shopping was eventful. I love going there because of the make-up. Yupp, make up. I absolutely love the stuff. It gives people the power of confidence and creativity; but besides buying make up, we bought the typical stuff for the house like dish soap and batteries. It was hectic with school starting up again. All I wanted was to get one pencil, ONE PENCIL. Oh wait, excuse me, one mechanical pencil. That was impossible in both Wal-Mart and Target. Ridiculous. Oh well, I will find one eventually. It was just too busy in the school area for me to be searching through their little boxes of random stuff.

Anyways, the day was still perfect. One because it was relaxing, and two, because it was relaxing. Yupp. Purrrrrfect. And to top it off, I saw these beautiful flowers blooming on my porch earlier today and just had to share. (:


I hope everyone's weekend so far is as bright and happy as these flowers are! 

P.S. I am so excited for tomorrow, my mom is taking me to see the Titanic Exhibit in San Diego! Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment