Balboa Park, San Diego

Today definitely made it into my scrapbook. I loved it! A few days ago my mom surprised me with tickets to go see the Titanic Exhibit at the NAT in Balboa Park, San Diego. I have been wanting to go since before it opened...(It opened February 10th...so a long time! Haha) I wanted to go before school started so I was very happy with it. It was a hot summer day so I probably don't look that great in the pictures but who cares. (; 

Anyways, back to the important stuff. I am fascinated by the Titanic and it's history and story. I love to learn more about it whenever I can. So let me start from the beginning to end. Shall we? 


This is the front of the building. I know, Yawn. But I thought you might like the poster and appreciate the building like I do. Ha! 

 Below is the picture they take of you before you actually go in. It was against a green screen nothing special; but if you look closely, you see a ghost! (; I thought that was pretty neat.

 Also at the beginning, before your voyage, you are given a boarding pass (exact replicas!) with a person's name on the back. It gives the full name, who they are with, where they are coming from, and why they are boarding the Titanic. At the end you find out if your person lives or not.

 I had the honor of having a second class citizen named Mrs. Allen O. Becker (Nellie E. Baumgardner) who had three kids with her. She boarded the Titanic to come to the States to receive treatment for her son's illness. Luckily, Nellie and her three kids survived. YAY! 


Sadly, we weren't able to take pictures of the artifacts but it was amazing. They had first, second, and third class china and replicas of some of the rooms. We read about numerous different people who traveled on the Titanic and how it was made. Did you know the Queen of the Sea was almost three football fields long? That is longgggg. They also had a video on how the vessel sank. It showed how the crash happened, the front end going down first, and how everything just fell into place. It was really interesting. Right after that, they had an iceberg that you could actually touch. It was freezing. Which to me was surprising because I had no idea how they kept it that cold when the room felt fine. But it was still cool(: The artifacts were in amazing condition. There were some dishes that looked brand new because they were in a cabinet the whole time while under water. 

After seeing all the exciting Titanic stuff my mom and I stopped and ate at the Prado. They had AMAZING food. We also splurged and got dessert. The best part besides the fantastic food was the extremely hot waiter that we had along with every other male waiter there. Yupp, eye candy to the max. (;

Later on we went back to the NAT and saw the Fossils exhibit. Below you can see me pictured with a few pre-historic mammals. Haha.



 Ahhh! I wanted a shot by the cave. I didn't want to go in the cave though...there was a fake snake.I couldn't do it. Hahaha!
 I also saw this gigantic shark hanging from the ceiling. It was pretty awesome looking. So I had to take a picture. (:
 After visiting the shops downstairs (I bought an Albert Einstein poster. Wadddup!) we went and saw "Flying Monsters" in 3D. It was pretty cool. I was fascinated by how the reptiles turned birds evolved. After that the museums were getting ready to close so we just walked around the outside for a little bit and went to the Japanese Garden and saw their Koi fish.

The whole day was perfect. I loved it. My mom and I really enjoyed ourselves. I also got to be that little kid messing around with all the fun activities that they had for kids. Yes, I am that person. (: It was soooo much fun! 

Now the day is ending with me finishing this up and figuring out P.U.L.S.E spirit ideas for school. Yippie! Haha. I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend and a happy Monday! (;

No comments:

Post a Comment